Sunday, February 26, 2012

Confession

I didn't go to my weigh in today. It was the first weigh-in since I re-committed on May 29 that I have intentionally skipped. I actually feel really bad about it.

This week was going well - I was actually down (in weight) for most of the week (I weigh myself daily - I'll write another post on that another day), but mid-week my lovely wonderful friend TOM decided to show up. For those that don't know, TOM = Time Of the Month. I've previously had no issues losing weight when TOM came because I would get TOM on Sundays, after weighing in. My TOM bloat usually shows up around days 3/4, which meant that this week, TOM bloat was in full effect yesterday/today. I'm frustrated. The 190s are taking forever for me to get through and I feel like I haven't seen nearly as much movement in the scale as I want/need to see.

I think I need to go back to the basics. I'm going to try and commit hard this week, especially since I won't be at my weigh-in again next Sunday since Darryl and I are leaving for Florida on Friday night. The plan for Florida is to not deprive myself, but to try VERY HARD to get up and run at LEAST three mornings while we are there. I need to come home from vacation and get right back on the wagon if I am going to be where I want to be by graduation. Originally, I wanted to hit my goal of -100 lbs by graduation, but I don't think that's realistic anymore. Besides, I need to do this right. I need it to be slow but sure and I need to get there in a way that will be conducive to keeping the weight off.

Alright, I needed to get some of that out before bed - but now I'm tired. Goodnight all. Let me know your best tips/tricks to beating a small slump!

No comments:

Post a Comment